IN THE UNITED STATES AND THROUGHOUT MUCH OF THE WORLD, motor vehicle collisions ARE A LEADING CAUSE OF SERIOUS INJURY AND DEATH.
The period after a motor vehicle collision can be a vulnerable time. From medical bills to automobile repairs, managing all aspects of your accident on your own can be frustrating and tiring. Most often, if injuries occur, it is necessary to have legal representation to help you navigate the world of insurance claims and settlements. Often people wonder when they should hire an attorney or if an attorney is even necessary.
Did you know most states limit the time you have to file a motor vehicle collision lawsuit, which can be as little as one year after the accident? This is why it is important to speak with an attorney as quickly as possible after your accident. You should speak with an attorney if the accident:
- • Caused medical expenses
- • Involved a commercial vehicle, drunk driver, or a hit-and-run
- • Created concerns about finances due to lost wages or disabilities
- • Constructed questions about who is at fault
- Frequently, insurance companies will attempt to settle motor vehicle collision claims. These settlements are based on all financial losses suffered in the accident including medical expenses, loss of income, the cost of replacing or repairing your car, and/or pain and suffering. Insurance companies will sometimes offer a settlement payment lower than you expected. This is why when searching for an attorney experienced in this field, be sure to find one you feel comfortable with and has your best interests at heart.
- At Whitcomb Selinsky, PC, we will partner with you throughout the entire process and fight to ensure you are fairly compensated now and in the future. Our seasoned and well-experienced attorneys, headed by Nathan J.D. Veldhuis in Virginia and Washington, DC and Doug Fields in Colorado, will work with the other driver’s insurance company, gather the necessary evidence and medical records, and negotiate the best possible settlement for you – delivering the compensation you deserve. We will also take your case to court and fight for you.
- If you have been in a motor vehicle collision, contact us at Whitcomb Selinsky, PC. We are here for you and your family to answer any and all questions you may have regarding your accident. Consultation with an experienced injury attorney is always at no cost to you and you do pay us until we make a recovery on your behalf.