Social Security Administration’s Five-Step Criteria to Qualify for Social Security Income Benefits
- 1. Are you working?
- You must be unable to work or reduced to working part-time with a monthly average of $1,010 a month to be considered disabled.
- 2. Is your condition “severe?”
- 3. Is your condition found in the list of disabling conditions?
- The list of disabling conditions can be found here. If you meet all the elements of one of these conditions, you’re likely to win your case at Step 3! If you do not meet one of these qualifiers, you can still win your case in the next 2 steps.
- 4. Can you do the work you previously did?
- If the answer is no, then you move on to step 5. The answer must be no to be eligible for disability benefits.
- 5. Can you do any other type of work?
- The last step considers whether you can adjust to other types of work that exist in the regional or national economy. If you cannot adjust to other types of work, you will be approved.
Need help with your social security disability benefits claim? Call us at (866) 433-4116. We are here to help you today.